It's been a busy week, Adam and Emily both had their socialising time at the children's centre! Emily's is on a Monday morning and Adam's is on a Wednesday morning, plus I have been on my evening course, done a set of nails, been shopping for pumpkins (more on that later!), made a cushion cover, done a pedicure, had the kitchen measured for new flooring, knitted and done all the usual mummy chores!
Woah, I'm tired just re-living it all!
Tomorrow we are back to the children's centre for Halloween arts and crafts, I don't about Adam and Emily but Mummy is going to have some fun tomorrow!!!!
I am almost finished with the mystery knitting, I have about a quarter of it left - so hopefully *fingers crossed* I can get it finished by next Thursday. I also have a beautiful cardy lined up for Emily.
Before I go though I wondered if anyone wanted my Panna Cotta recipe? This is mainly for Amy, but feel free to try it if you wish - it is majorly yummy!!!!
Cooking times: 15 minutes, plus 2 hours chilling time
240ml/8 fl.oz Milk
3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
240ml/8 fl.oz Double cream
The zest of 1 lemon
1 Vanilla pod, split length ways
100g/4 oz Sugar
- Place 60ml/2 fl.oz of the milk in a small mixing bowl and sprinkle the gelatine on top. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place the remaining milk into a saucepan with the cream, Lemon zest and vanilla pod. Heat gently until just starting to simmer.
- Add the sugar and then stir in the gelatine mixture. Stir constantly to dissolve the gelatine completely.
- Remove the vanilla pod using a spoon (and lemon zest using a sieve - optional) then pour into ramekins, allow to cool then chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours until well set.
- To serve - gently run a knife around the edge of the custard and un-mould each dessert onto an individual serving plate. Serve surrounded by berries and/or berry sauce.
Have fun x